21 Sep Lowdown on the latest iPhones
Bigger, better and pricier. Apple’s latest iPhones have hit our stores. Before you go running out the door to grab one, here’s what you need to know about the latest additions to the iPhone family.
iPhone Xs & iPhone Xs Max
The iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max build on the all-screen design of iPhone X. The 5.8-inch iPhone Xs and 6.5-inch iPhone Xs Max feature;
- All-Screen Designs – iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max build on the all-screen design of iPhone X and feature the sharpest displays with the highest pixel density of any Apple device. iPhone Xs Max offers the biggest display ever in an iPhone with the biggest battery ever in an iPhone, delivering up to an hour and a half more battery life in your day.
- A12 Bionic and Next-Generation Neural Engine – the smartest and most powerful chip in a smartphone, features the first 7-nanometer chip ever in a smartphone that delivers industry-leading performance in a more power-efficient design.
- 12MP Dual Camera System – The 12-megapixel dual camera system features dual optical image stabilisation with 2x optical zoom, while a new sensor is twice as fast. Smart HDR creates photos with more highlights and shadow detail. Larger and deeper pixels improve image fidelity and low-light performance.
- Faster Face ID- The TrueDepth camera system uses precision depth-sensing technology that goes far beyond the capabilities and security of two-dimensional facial scanners and enables users to unlock iPhone, use Apple Pay, gain access to secure apps and many more features with a simple glance.
- iOS 12 – iOS 12 introduces new AR experiences, helps people rediscover and share photos, and makes communications more expressive and fun with new Animoji and Memoji. Screen Time helps customers understand and take control of the time they spend interacting with their iOS devices, Siri Shortcuts give any app the ability to work with Siri and new privacy features help protect users from being tracked on the web.
Pricing: iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB capacity models in space grey, silver and a new gold finish starting at RRP A$1629 inc.
The iPhone XR makes it possible for even more people to have the great experience of the latest iPhone X technology, in beautiful new designs, at a more affordable price.
The iPhone XR is packed with the newest technologies including;
- a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display that goes edge to edge
- the latest TrueDepth camera with faster Face ID authentication
- new 7-nanometer A12 Bionic chip with second generation Neural Engine
- 12-megapixel camera that takes advanced Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting photos
- iOS 12
You will be able to pre-order iPhone XR beginning Friday, 19 October with availability beginning Friday, 26 October
Pricing: iPhone XR will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in white, black, blue, yellow, coral and red starting at RRP A$1229 inc. GST
What are they saying about the new iPhones? This article covers some great reviews from various sources Apple iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max review roundup: Consumers should wait
Plan on getting a new iPhone and want advice on the best phones, plans and data packages for your needs? Get in touch with the BG Technology team here.